At Wellbeing we provide free services throughout Norfolk & Waveney for anyone age 16 or over and in Suffolk for people of all ages. Our services are provided in your GP surgery or other community venues. We offer different kinds of support to help you make positive changes in your life, to improve your wellbeing and to help you cope with stress, anxiety and depression.
Please note, if you live in Norfolk or Waveney and are aged 15 or under, talk to your GP or school nurse about what other services are available to you.
You can find more information about many of these options, along with self-help resources, throughout this site. Or you can download our leaflet:
Introduction to Wellbeing Norfolk & Waveney
Introduction to Wellbeing Suffolk
Available support includes:
- Come along to an introductory workshop
- Short courses: Stress Control, Managing Worry
- Specialised courses and workshops
- Telephone support on 0300 123 1503* (Norfolk & Waveney) and 0300 123 1781* (Suffolk)
- Online support, such as live online workshops and therapy via Skype
- Short term one-to-one therapies and counselling
- Access to social networks and peer support
How can I get Wellbeing support?
There are a number of ways people can get our help:
Young people in Suffolk who are aged 15 or under, can contact their GP or other health or social care professional who can support them to be referred to our services.
People who live in Norfolk or Suffolk and who are aged 16 or over, can:
- Ask their GP or any other health or social care professional to refer them to our service
- Get in touch themselves via our self-referral form on this website
- Calling us directly – Norfolk & Waveney: 0300 123 1503* Suffolk: 0300 123 1781*
- Asking someone they trust to call on their behalf
- Posting a self-referral form to us
- We often hear from friends or relations who are concerned about someone close to them and don’t know what to do. We are happy to talk to them to offer some general advice
For more information about what happen after you get in touch, read Getting Support and what happens next
Please note: when we return your call, it will show as a private or unlisted number.
It is important that you answer so we can arrange your appointment. You can also book an appointment by calling your local team.
Norfolk & Waveney: 0300 123 1503*
Suffolk: 0300 123 1781*
If you need help urgently:
Wellbeing is not for crisis or emergency situations.
- If you need an emergency service dial 999
- If you feel you are in crisis, experiencing feelings of despair or are suicidal, contact the Samaritans on 116 123
- You can also call your GP
- Find further information at Help-in-a-Crisis.aspx
*Calls from landlines are typically charged at up to 10p per minute; calls from mobiles are charged at your standard network rate, typically between 3p and 40p per minute.